Become an expert and grow your business!
FALL CLASS STARTING SOON!
Window Treatment Certification FALL Session
Classes Start Wednesday, October 4, 2023
10:00 AM EDT/ 9:00 AM
CDT/ 7:00 AM PDT
Register today to reserve your seat!
Are you ready for a career change or do you want to grow your interior design business? Our Window Treatment Certification Course prepares you for unlimited success in the window coverings niche as a Certified Window Treatment Specialist!
Consisting of 12 weekly 1.5 hour live webinar sessions, exercises and hands-on projects, plus a 1 hour weekly mentoring session the certification course offers you real time tools, advice, and inspiration all meant to help you master the intricate custom window covering niche.
We’ll cover everything you need to know to succeed, from the elements that make up the vocabulary of custom window treatment design including calculating yardages, drapery hardware and drapery weights, to what fabrics and linings each works best plus pattern placement.
We’ll focus on all the challenging aspects of designing window fashions including offset pairs and multiple draws, ripplefolds, comparable fullness, using a proportion wheel and much more. Finally, we’ll inspire you to flex your design muscle with a in-depth examination of the secrets of impeccably tailored treatments. All to set you up to become a Certified Window Treatment Specialis
What You’ll Learn:
- Master the complex art and math of custom window coverings to build a better bottom line.
- Apply the elements and principles of design to create window treatments that solve design dilemmas
- Learn fundamentals of specifying window fashions including calculating yardages, figuring fullness.
- Employ advanced specifying techniques to set you apart from the competition
- Gain knowledge of constructions, structures, and fine points of couture techniques; where they are appropriate and their applications.
- Build a one-of-a kind couture portfolio of inspired techniques, processes and creative window treatment stylings
- Apply design strategies to create couture window treatments
- Identify color schemes and their relationship to window treatments
- Differentiate between constructions, fibers, finishes of home furnishings fabrics.
- Interpret the client’s functional, decorative and budgetary needs for window treatments to identify problems and solutions to the client.
- Prepare a design notebook, portfolio and mood boards
- Communicate with members of your team and your client through sketching, photography and visualization.
- Examine fee structures and pricing strategies and choose one that’s best suited for you.
What You’ll Get
- 12 weekly sessions That’s more than 18 hours of in-depth content highlighting core foundations and advanced skill sets for window covering pros.
- 12 one hour mentoring sessions featuring an interactive discussion on a weekly topic. It’s a real time tool, offering you advice and inspiration.
- Presentations and Manuals delivered through visual aids, with over 1000 slides highlight the core foundations needed to complete any design project.
- Individual session executive summary to take notes during session.
- Materials, handouts, Collateral materials, white papers, and worksheets to jumpstart your certification journey.
- Exercises to test your design skills and interactive projects designed so when finished you will have ready-to-go materials- portfolio, mood boards, forms, etc.
- Desktop Textile Reference Guide and swatch kit
- Access to all 12 session recordings. Webinar recordings are available during the course and for 30 days after to review at your own pace.
- Review session and guide
- Complimentary access to on demand webinar library filled with rich window treatment design content and current topics like wellness, best practices and post pandemic trends.
- Certification Test and Certificate of Completion
- Press release
- Use of certification appellation and badge to be used on all marketing materials
Certification Course SESSION & TOPIC Syllabus